Welcome to the CfP platform of the ADASS XXXI conference.
In this platform you may edit your profile and visualize your contribution (talk, BoF, focus demo or poster)
- Talks are 15 minutes long, including 3 minutes for questions.
- Birds of a Feather (BoF) sessions are participant-driven conference spaces dedicated to topics of interest to specific communities.
- Focus demos are 30 minute sessions where speakers can demonstrate a software product or system.
- Posters as well as other optional support files (i.e. slides and self-recorded videos) for your contribution may be uploaded following instructions to be published on our website. As a guidelines, please refer to the 2020 ADASS Instructions for authors.
To help us build the schedule and program as well as other documents and reports in a semi-automatic way, we have decided not to register co-authors of posters in this platform. You may add them in the proceedings paper.
Oral contributions may have several speakers registered, but only one main author is allowed.
Please note that we will be using Zoom for talks and BoFs. This means that your contribution might be recorded, you have to let us know.
We are investigating technical solutions for socialising online as well as for presenting posters. If your poster is accepted, you might be given the chance to submit a short, three minute video describing your work.
Key themes for ADASS XXXI are:
- Solutions for workflow management and reproducibility
- Understanding and improving machine learning
- Modernizing and maintaining telescopes
- Building accessible and friendly user interfaces
- FAIR standards for astronomical data
- Teaching resources for astroinformatics and virtual observatory
- Image processing for the public and scientists
- Big data: How to deal with the 5 Vs (volume, velocity, variety, veracity, value)
- Citizen science in astronomy
- Oral / BoF / focus demo submissions: 22 Aug Deadline extended
- Financial aid application: 30 Aug
- Early registration: 15 Sep
- Late registration: 1 Oct (in person), 15 Oct (virtual)
- Poster submission: 1 Oct
- Digital materials upload: 15 Oct
- Payment deadline - Early Registration: 1 Oct
- Payment deadline - Late Registration: 15 October